Thursday, March 5, 2009

School re-zoneing sucks.

There has been a proposal to rezone the school district in out town of Madison, AL.  It does not chance where our kids will go to school in about 2 years, but my on of my best friends home was move from the one of the newest schools with the latest technology to the oldest and the one with the least modernizations.  Anyway - in the end, if this rezoning takes place, our friends will most likely leave our great little city and move to our neighbor, Huntsville and send their kids to private school.  I am totally guessing here, but I think they will send their kids to public school in the end.  They will end up in a great home and in a great hood.  They are like that - careful and considerate.  Even though they will only be about 20min away no matter where they move really, it is the thought that makes me sad.  Their boys are my godsons and it has been hard enough to see them even once  month now and they are only about 5 miles away.  I realize that I will just have to work harder to make time to see them and to have their boys play with my boys.  I really am looking forward to them growing up together.  My mood: somber. 

I met a friend from work at a bar for a short while after work.  Just drank water and talked for 45 min and then I went to pick up my sons from preschool.  I had a great night with them.  They are my strength and heart.  I am getting a little tired for some reason.  I think I am going to try to get a good nights sleep and an early start tomorrow.  Cheers and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment