Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dinner with Friends

Tonight we got to have dinner with some good old friends.  Their children are my godsons.  It was good to spend sometime with them.  It turned out that they just got a new dog who they rescued from an animal shelter.  We ordered chinese and let all the kids play together and watch Toy Story2.  The adults say outside and talked about kids, getting more exercise, a little politics,  family ...the normal stuff...but it is the stuff that really makes me feel good.  The family we visited have been good friends of ours since about 2000 and I know we are a better family for knowing them.   We went inside gave he kiddos some dessert and then the women played with the kids and the men folk sat out back on the deck and smoked a cigar.  Nasty habit, I know - but relaxing.  Everyone had a beverage, my friend even tossed back 3 or 4, about 2 or 3 more than his normal amount for one night as of late.  I did not drink anything, but water.  I wanted to, but was not overly tempted.  It was good just to be with good friends and family.  It was a strange weekend for me - got some cleaning done, spent a lot of time with my 2 sons, my wife came home a day early from her trip(, but is leaving again tomorrow to go to a visitation and I will meet her Tuesday for the funeral for her great aunt.) I got to spend time with some great friends both last night and tonight.  Throughtout the weekend my thought would go to my wife's family reunion and crazy Aunt Mary.  She was a great soul and I bet that where ever she is now that she is loving everyone around her.  And there is no doubt that she is making someone smile and laugh somewhere.  Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment