Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ok - so sue me.

I have been horrible about posting since I got back from Mary's funeral last weel.  It has been over a week since I wrote anything.  I guess I failed at 1/2 of the experiments this month already. However, I still have not had anything to drink.  And considering my friends and my love for celebrating St. Pat's day - I consider this a real accomplishment.  We went to a b-day party for a group of friends who all turn 40 this year (some are turning 50)  Dinner, drinks, and dancing  - everyone had a great time.  My wife and I went and took a good friend of ours with us.  She recently broke up with her old boyfriend - I think it is safe to say that we are glad that she is not with hime any more.  The party was actually pretty tame knowing this crowd.  I guess that is what 40 does to you!

Yesterday was St.Pats - it was hard to pass up a pint and a shot.  For years my best friend and I would throw a great party at one of our homes - I think we peaked one year with about 80 people.  We have not had the party since we have had children - not for lack of desire on my part.  Moreso due to lack of interest by others ( except my wife, she always encourages me to do crazy ass things like having house parties).

Anyway - more than 1/2 through the month and still not alcohol.  I will try to post this weekend about how I feel and if I think I have been any more productive than usual.

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment