Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More Experiment Idea

With the April 2 weeks away, I thought it would be useful to come up with some ideas for a new monthly experiments  Here are some that are open for conversations:




1) Go Green.  Pick 5 Earth friendly 'Green' habits and stick with them. For example, ride your bike to work, no air condition, cooking on the grill ( is this really better then using the stove?),  I'll need some help with this one.

2) Buy local.  Only shop at locally opened stores for everything I buy.  No chains stores or restaurants.  What about if I am out of town, can I buy locally then?  what if I am travelling and with other people and I do not have a car?  I will have to do this during a month when I know I am going to be home.

3) No eating out. All meals will be at home or someones house or I can make it at home and take it where I need to go.  What about prepared meals from the grocery store?  Is that eating out?

4) Spend 1 continuous hour outside every day.  Day or night, you just cannot go inside for any reason for an hour, if I do, the clock starts over. 

5) Bike 150 miles in a month.  I am starting to ride my bike more this spring.  If I rode every day for 5 miles, that would be about 150 miles for the month.

6) Any more?? Please comment.

1 comment:

  1. I love the experiment idea! It has been great having a D.D. handy ;) and I think I'll join you in future months. I've been trying to eat local anyway--the experiment would get me even more committed to it. Going green would help us live better, too. Let me know what you decide.
    The Mrs.

    ReplyDelete