Monday, March 9, 2009

Going to bed early/New Laptop

I got a new laptop for my wife today.  She is one of the hardest working women in show business.  She deserves better...but I think I did pretty good.  I ended up getting her a new HP Pavilion from Sam's Club.  I know some people think that WalMart/Sam's club is the devil, but I drink and occasionally smoke.  I also like to dance and tell bad jokes.  There is no saving me I guess.  I think she will be happy with it even though we have to endure VISTA.  It cannot be that bad, right?  Let's hope.  I still think that every tenured school teacher that can show that they work from home several hours a week should be able to have a new laptop every 3 years.  There are far less productive people that have more sophiscated equipment - what a waste.  I have to admit - for most of what I do, this MacBook is overkill.  But I did not ask the taxpayers or the consumer to pay for this.  Other buy big screen tvs, I wanted a Mac.  Anyway - I hope she is happy with the new PC.  She kept her old Compaq Presario working for 4 or so years now (I think) - she she has paid her dues with that one.  I am going to try to steal it from her and make a little home network, maybe had a TB disk off of it so we can share pictures and music at home. 

**

The boys Grandmother wanted to watch them for the night, so I am taking advantage of this and going to bed early.  It is now 8:23 and I hope to be asleep in 1 hour.  Giving that we just switched to DST, this should get me caught up with some lack of sleep.  We have an early start and a 2 hour drive to attend a funeral out of town.  We will make the round trip in one day, not a big deal really. 

No real temptation.  I saw my wife finished off the Baileys Irish Cream last night, so that is one more bottle out of my sight.  I had lunch with some coworkers today at a Greek place and they had beer and wine there. Jokeingly, he said that he would buy me a beer.  He is one of a few co-workers that I will meet for drinks occasionally, so I will make him buy me that beer in a few more weeks. This weekend we have a party to go to.  My wife will enjoy knowing that I am her DD for the night.  She is sort of a lightweight - 2 drinks in and evening and she is done.  I love her anyway :)

Well off to get ready for bed.  Remember when we were young and would make fun of people who went to sleep early.  Now look at us, I am bragging about it!  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment