Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2009

I am a back after a little hiatus.  I have tried to come back and do some more experiments, but have been distracted.  If you what to know some of what I have been up to, check out baldonpurpose.org.

So August is here and it is time for some new tests.  These are personal growth ones that I think will bring me some happiness. For a long time, I have wanted to be able to play the guitar well.  Last year I took lessons and never had any time to practice.  Or I did not make the time.  With the encouragement of lovely wife, I have decided to try again.  To help me practice, I decided to make it a challenge/test.  I am going to practice at least 15 minutes every day for the month.  That's it. I plan to post my progress and to post my schedule for practice.  I am following the online guitar lessons presented by Jusin Sandercore at www.justinguitar.com.  If anyone wants to follow along with me. Please do.  I hope to post the practice schedule that I am on here, but you know how good I am about posting. 

The other test, which is going to be a little harder, to spend at least 10minutes doing something for my wife. That something cannot be chore that simply benefits her.  In other word, I cannot just do some laundry and say that I have done something for her.  On Friday night - I think it was after midnight, so I believe that counts as the 1st, I drew her a bath.  Later that day I made some small token gifts for the cast of a play she was in.  Today, the 2nd, I went with her to meet her parents for lunch to celebrate her sisters birthday and then I went again for dinner with her other parents and sister.  She knew that I had a ton of work, but I think that I could hear something in her voice that wanted me to go to both lunch and dinner (I had planned to only go to dinner).  So I did not think twice, and maybe she really did not care, but I changed my plans and went with her. Not a big thing, but it counts in my book. 

Gotta go and get some rest.  later-.

No comments:

Post a Comment