Saturday, February 28, 2009

Experiment of the Month: Stop the March Madness

Watching NCAA Basketball tournament and St. Patrick's day...it just seems right to have a beer and a shot on those days.  This months experiment will be to not drink any alcohol for the month of March.  For those of you that do not know me, this is a very difficult challenge for me.  I hope to document my challenges in completing this test here at LIAL.  I think the hardest thing is going to be particpating in social events and not tossing back a few.  I really want to break some habits I have formed when it comes to drinking.  I found an interesting article by Brad Bollenbach over at 30sleeps.com from back in 2007, check it out if you get a chance.  He is the one that gave me the idea for this test.  In fact, his site sort of inspired me to start this blog in the first place.   My thanks to Brad for his interesting points of view and pursuit of happiness.   So I am actually going to start tomorrow, Saturday Feb 28, 2009.  No more drinking alcohol.  That's it.  I mean it.  I am going to recuit one or two special friends to help keep me honest and I hope that before the month is over that I have some followers here that want to try to keep me honest as well.  The other thing I am going to challenge myself to do is to try to blog every day, no matter how little I have to say.

I am relatively new to blogging so please forgive my lack of creativity at times and, above all, my grammer.  My wife is an English major and has fits when I butcher the language.  Sorry baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment